Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)
Employment Practice Liability Insurance (EPLI) is a type of insurance policy that provides coverage to employers in the event of employment-related lawsuits. These lawsuits may arise from various issues, including discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, and other types of workplace-related claims.
EPLI policies typically cover the cost of legal defense and any settlements or judgments awarded to the plaintiff in the event of a lawsuit. The coverage may also include expenses related to investigations, settlements, and other costs associated with defending a claim.
Employment-related lawsuits can be costly, time-consuming, and damaging to a company’s reputation. EPLI policies can help mitigate these risks by providing coverage for legal expenses and other costs associated with employment-related claims. Employers can purchase EPLI as a standalone policy or as part of a broader business insurance package.
If you are asking about EPLI, you probably need it!
Here are a few of the reasons organization find them selves thinking about covered risks like:
- Discrimination based on race, sex, age, religion, national origin, or disability
- Harassment, including sexual harassment or a hostile work environment
- Retaliation, including retaliation for reporting discrimination or harassment or filing a workers’ compensation claim
- Wrongful termination or constructive dismissal
- Breach of contract, including breach of a non-compete or confidentiality agreement
- Wage and hour violations, including failure to pay overtime or minimum wage, or misclassification of employees as exempt from overtime
- Failure to accommodate a disability or religious belief
- FMLA violations, including retaliation for taking leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Whistleblower claims, including retaliation for reporting illegal or unethical behavior
- Defamation or slander
- Invasion of privacy
- Negligent hiring or retention
- Intentional infliction of emotional distress
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Breach of implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing
- Interference with contract or prospective economic advantage
- Defamation of character
- Fraud or misrepresentation
- Trade secret theft or misappropriation
- Intellectual property infringement
- Workers’ compensation retaliation
- Unfair labor practices under the National Labor Relations Act
- Failure to provide reasonable accommodations under the ADA
ARE YOU A TARGET
We live in a litigious world, and many business sectors find themselves as ripe for lawsuit, making businesses a target just for bring in that industry or sector. We have special plans for these groups that not only provide EPLI but reduce premiums by leveraging educational & cooperative risk mitigation programs!
Executive Protection Portfolio: EPL Insurance
Executive EPLI (Employment Practices Liability Insurance) is a type of insurance that provides coverage to executives and high-level managers against claims made by employees or former employees for wrongful employment practices.
Wrongful employment practices may include discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, and other employment-related claims.
Executive EPLI policies typically cover defense costs and damages in the event of a lawsuit or claim, and may also provide coverage for related expenses such as investigation costs, settlement costs, and damages awarded by a court.
Executive EPLI policies can be tailored to meet the specific needs of individual executives and organizations, and are typically purchased as an additional coverage to a company’s existing insurance policies.
Call our C-Suite Advisors
Mobile phone: +972-800-6670
Office telephone: +214-287-7093
Come visit us
In the DFW area, swing buy for coffee or lunch, we love to meet our clients face to face 🙂
SUCCESS IN NUMBERS
With the Internet spreading like wildfire and reaching every part of our daily life, more and more traffic is directed to websites in search for information.
Get a PLLI Quote!
Out intake process is quick, and we will do a full package work up to show you all the options available to you and your organization.